Friday, August 20, 2010

Polish Fashion / Amber


Managed to squeeze in a quick shopping trip before dinner tonight. Snuck away to a mall with the American delegation in search of gifts, random clothes, and whatever other delectable goodies might happen to cross our paths... I didn't find much...but that's not to say there aren't some really nice, fashionable clothes to be bought out here. Here are a couple links (some of them dated, but fashion is cyclical) to Polish fashion forums online... These beautiful folks have a look and style all their own...
Polish Street Fashion
Street Fashion in Krakow
Polish Street Styles
I was hoping to pick up some amber jewelry for my wife.  I walked into a store earlier this week and was totally blown away by the range and quality of what's available here.  Unfortunately, the mall we were in was pretty limited in terms of their offerings.  We only came across a single store in the whole place that had what we were looking for, and although I did see something I immediately thought would be the perfect gift, it was sadly priced at about a thousand dollars more than what my budget can afford... sigh... Below are some random images of the kinds of amber pieces available from Polish jewelers...


No comments:

Post a Comment