Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My New Friends from Egypt

So I finally had the opportunity to meet Mohamed Hamdalla, the man who wrote and directed some of my favorite advertising from the last few years. His work for Melody, out of Leo Burnett Cairo, is hilarious, perfectly targeted to Egyptian audiences, and is easily the most entertaining ads I've ever seen come out of the Middle East.  For people outside of Egypt, they might understand this work, but it's not written for you...  Not that I'm any kind of expert, but everyone knows what they like, and I LOVE this stuff. Have a look at the two films below, and here's a link to a post I wrote for the Cannes Predictions 2010 blog earlier this year, in case you'd like to see more of the Melody Aflam films...



Here's Mohamed with his stunning wife Aliaa, who's the hard working stylist behind the Melody Aflam films who made all the costumes period-specific, and gave each character an evolving look... I mean, check out those 70's hairdos! These two are a vivacious bundle of fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment